Thursday, January 21, 2016

We're back!

I've made a goal to catch up on blogging again. Life has turned upside down recently! Monday morning I was admitted to the hospital for pregnancy complications. I was hoping to come home the next day, but I am here to stay until I have baby girl! She's not due until April 2nd. We have a goal to get to 34/35 weeks. 35 weeks would be Febuary 27th!

I'm not allowed to leave my room, with virtually all the time supposed to be spent in bed.  Today is the fourth day here and I'm feeling a little cabin fever already. I asked for permission to be in a wheelchair to leave my room and circle the ward here, but they said no :/

So many friends and family have come to visit! It has been humbling to be the recipient of so much service and generosity in forms of offers to help, gifts, and time spent visiting.

Lincoln and Lauren are having a blast with my mom. In the coming weeks, I worry about staying connected with them, feeling like I'm still their mother, and worrying about their general loss of routine. But they will be safe, loved, and in good hands.

I'll have to find the old pictures from last summer and start getting caught up on the past months.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your pregnancy! Sorry to hear you're having complications though. I'll say a prayer for your family. It was so good to see you a few months ago! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like quite the situation. I hope that things go well for you with the rest of your pregnancy. I'm sure that is so hard on so many levels, but at the same such a blessing to know that your children are well cared for and loved. I am not sure how often your children will be able to visit you, but when they come have them bring little projects you can do with them from your bed (e.g. playdough, coloring, stringing cereal necklaces, make thank you cards, read books, etc.)That way you all will still have a connection to hold onto and good memories. Also, if you can Skype/facetime at least once a day even if it is just for a minute or two. I'm sure that it is so difficult! Praying for you! Congrats on the pregnancy. Good luck getting the blog updated! :D

    ReplyDelete

Nice things said