Our trip out west continued. We visited Temple Square.
Mt. Rushmore. Lincoln was thrilled to see these four presidents. He was still four at the time, and before we saw Mt. Rushmore, asked us if they would talk to us! Ha ha. We had a good laugh.
We met our sister in law, Rachel and nephew Miles at Thanksgiving Point at their Animal Farm. Lauren sure loved this pony ride. Lincoln isn't too keen on pony rides, so we let him pass.
Tour of the Conference Center in Salt Lake City.
Rachel with cute cousin Miles
We camped one night at Lake Hill, near Ephraim, Utah. This was certainly a highlight of the trip. Vance would come here regularly as a child, so it was especially fun for him. We ALL loved it. My kids both got to catch fish, sleep in an RV.
We visited Geneva Elementary, the school I worked at before we left Utah years ago. This is in front of the trailer I worked inside. I went through that right door thousands of times, along with the students I'd work with. That was THE BEST job ever.
We had an evening with Vance's mission president and his wife, President and Sister Sellers. It was great to meet them. They graciously fed us a wonderful dinner. To be honest, it was also the most embarassing dinner as well. Both kids, especially Lincoln, were at their WORST. I mean, screaming and running out the front door kind of tantrums. Before and during dinner I have have spent nearly half the time out of the room trying to console/calm my kids. Ahhh!! They were exhausted at this point in the trip, and having to be well behaved was so hard. I think considering, they did alright. We still love them so much.
Inside the Conference Center. They got to be at the place they see on TV.
Corn maze at Sever's. My brother and his family came to visit us for a whole week during the month of September. Unfortunately I can not find more of the photos with them.
My brother Joe, nephew Sawyer, and sister-in-law Carrie.
Hunter and Lincoln checking out some amphibians at the Como Zoo.
On the tractor ride taking us to pick apples. I took the kids on a weekday.
They each got one apple to try.
Swings after picking!
We got to see goats, chickens, etc. at the farm by the orchards.
The sunflower maze! I bet it was beautiful in the summer. It was just a different kind of beautiful. We must have spent an hour in this maze (although you can't really get lost, as the sunflowers are so short). The kids loved all the paths.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Nice things said