Tuesday, January 26, 2016

October 2015


Lincoln turned 5 on October 1st! Early in the morning we gave him his birthday present, a new bike! He loved it and wanted to show his friends. Matt, our neighbor, and Lauren joined in on the fun. 



Lincoln went through a time where he was really into the states and capitols. He was still 4 and had all the states and their capitols memorized. For his birthday, we visited Minnesota's capitol in St. Paul. He was disappointed that we couldn't go inside, or very close, because of the renovations. But I think he still enjoyed it. 


We took the jogger stroller around a lake on the north side of town. We loved to sit on these steps near a dock and watch the water. 













Halloween decor! Lincoln had high standards for our home. We made decorations for all around the main floor, and finally he was satisfied with the level of spookiness.



Picnic at Lion's Park



I can't remember what this place is called. It's in Wisconsin and yearly there are local pastries, jams, pies, hot chocolate to buy. There are children's areas to climb on tires, go for tractor rides, pick pumpkins, see goats, chickens, etc. Here Lauren and Lincoln are with their great grandfather, William Doral Kemper!


My kids made me a flower arrangement from our garden. Pretty good, eh?


Pumpkins lit for Halloween of 2015


Enjoying the spoils of their hard work. They trick or treated for about an hour, and got an embarassingly large amount of candy. The piles were heaping on their cookie sheets. During the next few weeks, one of their favorite activities was to "organize" the candy aka play in the candy.


Cousin Preston's superhero birthday party. Janessa went all out and had lots of Captain America themed decor, games, etc. Happy 3rd birthday, Preston!




Minnewashta Regional Park near our home. It was absolutely spectacular. We hadn't been there before, so we just kept walking and exploring. Eventually we found a beach and spent the rest of the night there. 







Lincoln at his friend Gunnar's birthday party




Lauren at our neighborhood's park. She's got my heart. I love this little lady with everything I've got. 


I love this nerd too!!! He is the best father and most incredible husband. Every year I love him more and more. My respect for him grows as well. He is so pure and good. I am a lucky woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice things said