Thursday, January 28, 2016

December 2015


In December, we got a new neice, Hazel, born. We visited her and got to hold her when she was one day old. We love you, Hazel, already!


Crayon melting/Ornament making night for Young Women's. I work with the young women in our church organization, ages 12-18. The girls had a great idea to use the camera light on their phones (I can't believe they all have cell phones!) to light up each ornament. It looked like planets. 


For a month or two, we could not find the tweezers. Finally, one night I happened to pick up a new pair from Target. The very next morning, as I was doing Lauren's hair, I see Lauren holding two pair of tweezers. One was the mom, and the other was the baby, talking to each other. I remember as a child, at the dinner table, pretending the knife was the dad, the fork the mother, and the spoon the child. She has been into a lot of mama and baby pairs lately. I thought it was so funny that she must have taken the two pair of tweezers from our bathroom, played with them, and they've been in her bathroom drawer for a while:)


For Christmas of 2015, all of us Kindt siblings met in Wisconsin at home. It was crazy and wonderful. Eighteen of us all under one roof for several days. Here is the classic Christmas morning picture on the stairs. Sawyer, Hunter, Lincoln, Jared, Lauren, Rosalie, Reed, and Norah. 




My daughter looking like an angel in her sleep.


Ward Christmas party. He's in his pajamas. There was a breakfast, meet Santa, and pajama theme. 


Vance's mom, Linda, came into town for a week to meet Hazel, our newest niece. We spent an evening with her at our home. The kids have gotten to know her better this past summer and with this trip!


Linda brought the materials to make gingerbread houses. It was a hit!


Lauren got to meet Mrs. Clause at Lincoln's preschool Christmas program. They called it a Holiday program, I say Christmas program:)



Liebe! This has become a tradition in the past few years. Liebe means love in German. After our family prayers, we cup hands together in a circle and shout, "Liebe!"  When my dad was on his LDS mission in Germany, he and a companion(s) would say "Taufe!" after their companion prayer. That means baptize in German. So we added a little twist on it for our family. All of us Kindt kids with children do this with our families. It is a fun and unique tradition. 


Jared and Lincoln


Uncle Peter. He's so silly and so cool

Hunter, Joe, Reed, Sawyer, Mom, and Norah


Lincoln and Lauren on Christmas morning


Kids tables! Jared, Lincoln, Rosalie, Lauren, and Norah


Vance took Lincoln ice skating for his first time. Lincoln loved it and thinks he's got the hang of it:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice things said