Last Saturday, Vance, Lincoln and I attended the Wabash Riverfest. It is a yearly fest along the river with river boat racing, food to buy, face painting, balloon tying, live music, booths, pony rides, etc. We thought Lincoln might enjoy a pony ride. Vance walked along with him, because Lincoln definitely doesn't have the balance to hold himself. I think he enjoyed it but also was ready to be done at the end. They only went around about 5 or 6 times which was perfect. Then we enjoyed some tasty Italian Ice treats, which was wonderful! It was so good to eat on such a hot day. It has definitely been so hot and humid here lately. To some degree, we've stayed inside a bit more because it has been so warm.
Lincoln and I had a great day today. We went to the library for the birth to 24 month story/singing time. I haven't been in a while. There were a few other kids that looked just about his age. Lincoln definitely was the most vocal/wiggly one. He was very excited and wanted to crawl forward but then would come back almost instantly to give me a hug and be held. I guess I can't expect a 9.5 month old to sit still, though! Many people have said how active and wiggly he is, and I thought that maybe all kids his age are THIS active. However, as time goes by, and I have more time to observe, Lincoln definitely is a super wiggly kid! Tonight when I was wrestling him to get his pajamas on, I even broke a nail. Man!
Anyway, we read some books, played in the kid section, checked out books, and then headed to the zoo. They have this group of 6 or 7 gibbons (like monkeys) that sing and howl in unison that are always so fun and amusing to listen to. Well, our favorite animals to see today were the new baby goats. We went to the zoo a few weeks ago but a couple of the mothers hadn't delivered their babies yet! They were still so tiny. They also were remarkably tolerant of little children and specifically my baby "touching" them (which wasn't always a soft petting action, but more of a hit). It was really fun to see Lincoln enjoy them. There must have been 8 or 10 new baby goats. All of the sudden a couple of the baby goats kept sniffing Lincoln's shirt, and then were trying to eat his shirt! It was funny and fortunately Lincoln wasn't scared at all.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Nice things said