Friday, July 29, 2011

Open House in Milwaukee, Diaper Changes, and Rental Cars!

The following post is all pretty random. I just wanted to post some of our recent pictures!

Bath time is fun for all of us. Lincoln knows where to crawl to get his bath. Please excuse the hard water stain on the faucet. I really try to keep my home clean but somehow those water stains show up so quickly.



Any diaper or clothes changes are difficult now. I wish he knew I was doing him a favor! It seems to literally be a wrestling match to get a new diaper or clothes on him! We try to give him the most exciting toys or anything distracting, but it doesn't distract him for very long. He has things to do and places to go!


A couple of weeks ago we celebrated our two year anniversary.  Here is what he have to display from that morning! We picked up the pottery we made, but I didn't take any pictures of those yet.


That is a "2" sign, not a peace sign.


Once in a while, Lincoln and I go out to meet Vance as he is coming home from school.


Over the Fourth of July weekend, we were rear ended on the highway in the Chicago area on our way to Oshkosh. Everyone was alright. Luckily our absorber was ok, but we got the paint refinished. It was funny because the guy who hit us was actually from Oshkosh, our hometown and he was headed back there as well. Anyway, we got a rental car for a few days, while they repainted the bumper. It was a 2011 Dodge Caliber. It felt great to drive and was fun, but we probably wouldn't buy one. The visibility was horrible. It was so hard to back up or change lanes. We felt like you couldn't see very well.


Yesterday Lincoln had a rough day. He is not napping as well as he used to. As we have shown on this blog, Lincoln loves water. Maybe we fostered this when he was a baby. We used to turn on the faucet and let the water run and it soothed him to sleep. Nothing else seemed to work. I usually don't let him, but yesterday I let him play in the sink. He was in heaven. I just had to make sure he didn't turn the water onto a hot setting. 


Last weekend we went to Milwaukee for an open house. My cousin Elizabeth married Jason Dimond in December at the Nauvoo LDS Temple. I took a few pictures there of just a few of the family members that were there. We had a great time. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, which is pretty fancy for us!


Megan and Rachel. They are some of my cousins from Iowa. They also have a brother Matthew and little sisters Mary, Grace, Emma, and Lucy. They are such cute and fun cousins.

 Uncle Nick, baby Lucy, Matthew, and Vance.

Below: Uncle Tim and Aunt Marta (from Mesa, Arizona). i wish I took more pictures of all the family that was there.


The newlyweds...Jason and Elizabeth. Congratulations guys! It was so good to meet Jason. We really like Jason and think they are great together.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new look for the blog!!! And I LOVE the picture of Lincoln in the sink playing with the water... It's nice that he loves baths and water so much, my sister is struggling with her girl right now because she hates getting baths so much. Its funny how kids all have such different personalities at such a young age. Also, I know you hear this all the time but Lincoln is getting soooo big! He is turning into such a handsome soon to be toddler! Hope all is well and we are glad you had such a good 2 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming Annalisa!!! It was so good to see you and met your little lincoln! You have a sweet family :) And I just wish we had more time to chat! You all look great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Nice things said