Sunday, July 10, 2011

9 Months Old

Lincoln turned 9 months old a week and a half ago, but he just had his checkup appointment with his pediatrician last Friday. I was expecting a few shots at this appointment, but they said they wouldn't do any more vaccinations until he is one year old. I guess I was a little relieved. Although I know vaccinations are good, I was not excited about watching the shots. Anyway, they took his measurements and discussed his development.

Height: 29 inches/ 75%ile
Weight: 21 lbs 3.6 oz/ 50-75%ile
Head Circumference: 46 1/2 cm/ 75-90th %ile

 His 6-12 month old sized summer hat does not fit his head any longer, so I am not surprised his head measured so large!! Larger heads come from my side, the Kindt side, of the family (large brains as well). His head was in the 25%ile when he was born, so it has grown quite a bit!


What Lincoln does now...

Army crawls everywhere (starting to get up on all fours)

Loves to pull out DVDs, books, CDs from where they belong

Loves his walker and likes to open and close and open and close and open and close the cupboard doors (not enough time to type all the "open and closes" that he does)

Kitchen utensils, spatulas, etc are some of his favorites, along with pots and pans!

Enjoys it when we sing to him. Whenever I sing "Edelweiss" from the Sound of Music, he will start rubbing his eyes because he knows it is time to sleep.

Will always cheer up if we "walk" him

Points at people and objects

Has waved "bye" a couple of times

Tries to put his spoon in a bowl and mimic eating

Says "dada" "yaya" and a few "baba" sounds

Still makes raspberries, squeals, and loves to vary his pitch

Lately he insists on drinking his bottles 1. by himself and 2. laying down.

Loves his dad and gives him the biggest smiles when he sees him

Wakes up happy in the mornings

Loves turning fans on and off

Favorite toy of all time.......drum roll please........mom's keys!

Loves to play in sinks with the water running

Likes bananas, peaches, peas, brocolli, bread, crackers, tiny bits of chicken, just about any baby food, and loves his cereals!

Now drinks soy-based formula...had non-stop diarrhea for 3 or so weeks since he got sick in California.  But he loves it and had no problem switching formulas, luckily. We'll try switching him back to a milk-based formula in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice things said