Friday, August 5, 2011

Columbian Park/Zoo/Train Ride

Today has been a quieter day, with just a trip to Purdue's campus to drop off Vance, and then to Walmart for a general shopping trip.  But yesterday we had lots of fun. On the other side of town there is a huge park/zoo/swimming park (with a frozen custard place across the street). It is every child's dream and of course because Lincoln loves it and is so happy there, I love it too.  We started on the swings. After even 10 or 15 minutes of this, I took him out of the swing and he started to whine and fuss, so I put him back in for a few minutes and got this cute picture.


The zoo is free and there are several water fountains of varying sizes that people let their kids play  in. We didn't bring his swimming trunks, but decided to get soaked anyway. He spent the rest of the afternoon with only his t-shirt and diaper on and his sandals (with no shorts or pants) but because he's 10 months old and it was over 90 degrees, I don't think anybody minds!


After the zoo (he loved the goats the best again it seemed) we went on the mini-train ride. Lincoln gets very quiet and focused on the ride. His eyes are set on what he is seeing and he isn't in the mood to sip at his drink or have any snacks. But before the train ride I managed to get this picture. He brought out his grin as soon as my phone came out for the picture.



Poor Vance works so hard at school doing research in a lab while Lincoln and I get to have all the fun. He is coming with us to the fancy pool tomorrow though!

Lincoln and I are super excited because on Monday we are heading to Atlanta, Georgia for the week to visit some Kindt family down there. Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice things said