So the winter of 2013-2014 was apparently the coldest in 30 years. Our previous two Minnesota winters were not too bad, but this last winter was almost unbearable. There were 52 days that had temperatures below 0!!!! I remember Lincoln asking to go outside and play, but sometimes I had to tell him that we couldn't. We made the best of it and spent lots of time at indoor places! This church near our home always has those clever, pun filled sayings. I liked the one above. We had so much snow!!!I remember the last bit of snow didn't melt until mid April.
My sister Kelsey and her kids, Rosalie and Jared, came to visit us! We were so happy to have them here and we enjoyed showing them some fun things in the Minneapolis metro! We spent a day at the Mall of America. Lincoln, Lauren, Rosie, and Jared, above, enjoy playing with Lego's just outside the Lego store.
Aww, the kids cuddling on the couch. Lincoln talks about his cousins a lot and says thanks for them in his prayers.
Here is our house in February or March of 2014. The snow was up to the mailbox, as you can see. We did not have a snowblower, so our piles of snow were steep and high right by the driveway. One pile was just about as tall as me, maybe taller. It was so cold, that the snow didn't melt throughout the winter. It was crazy!
Kelsey and I. Love this lady.
Lincoln, Lauren, and Jared. Obviously, by the beginning of April, most of the snow had melted. Whew!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Nice things said