For Labor Day weekend, my parents and little brother came to visit!!! We had a great time. We did lots of fun things such as:
Hamburgers at the Lion's Tap
Minnesota State Fair
Breakfast at the Original Pancake House----amazing
Paddleboarding and Swimming at Bryant Lake
Me and my little buddy waiting for Grandma, Grandpa, and Peter to come.
We went to the Minnesota State Fair, which I am told is the first or second largest in the nation. We really enjoyed it, but I think we were all exhausted by the end of the day and our feet hurt! We had the best food there too. The most memorable food we had, at least for me, was the deep fried candy bars on a stick! We had Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter cups, and Milky Way bars. It actually was sooooooo good but Vance and I swear it may be years before we ever eat them again.
Here is my dad with Lincoln, waiting in line to go down the big kiddie slide.
Lincoln started crying as soon as they were about to go down, probably because he saw how far it was to the bottom! It was nice of my dad to do this with him.
Candid picture of Vance with Lincoln as we were walking the streets at the fair.
We were only half way up this sloped street and it was amazing how many people we could see behind us. Imagine twice this for the view at the top of the hill...and this is only one street at the fair!
My dad reading a book with Lincoln. I love to see them bonding.
On Sunday evening we took a walk to Starring Lake. Here is a picture of everyone, except me, on the dock.
Lincoln, Vance, and I on the dock. It was a nice night.
On the third day, after our breakfast at the Original Pancake House, and then a very much needed nap for Lincoln, we went to Bryant Lake...which is only about a 10 minutes from our home. I love that we have about 4 huge lakes that are within a 15 minute drive from our house! Here is Peter with Lincoln, and my mom on the right in the background. Lincoln was actually saying "cheese" but of course it is still so hard to get a real smile and for kids to look at the camera!! Oh well, I thought it was cute how Peter was laughing in the picture. At the lake the boys played with the football, and we all played in the sand and swam in the water. Then we all went paddleboarding (standing on a huge surfboard with a paddle) and it was a BLAST. Vance and I did this at this particular lake in July, and we really wanted them to be able to try to do it. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of them on the paddleboard.
We had a great, great activity packed weekend. It was so kind of my parents and little brother to come visit us. We love to share this area is and of course see our family.
How fun for you and your family. I can't wait until one day we can come visit you guys! we miss you!
ReplyDelete