Wednesday, June 29, 2011

California Family Reunion Part I

We then drove from Nevada to Soulsbyville, California to participate in the Kemper Family Reunion (my mother's side). We had a lot of fun there. I took so many pictures but just can't post them all.

On the first day we went to Columbia, California. It was a small town and it had a place where they showed you how to find gold and gems in the sand. The instructor taught a specific way to shake your sand and use the water as a help. When you find the gold, you are supposed to say, "Eureka!"  Below are pictures of all of us troopers having fun. Most of the kids/young adults were the ones doing this activity, with the adults helping.


Below: Levi Houghton, William Kemper, and Kemper Woodward.



Below: Aunt Jill and Andrea



Below: My dad and little brother Peter


Below: Tess Houghton, Carlen Hobbs, Suzannah Woodward, Caroline Kemper, Kelsey Ross


Below: Marta Houghton, Amy Hobbs, Maren Hobbs, James Hobbs, and Aidan Woodward


There was a neat guy there with a donkey that we got a picture with!


I wish I bought this umbrella stroller months ago. It has been so nice. Such a convenience!


Then a few of us got to go to a store where they taught us how to make candy. It was really neat and one of their machines were over 100 years old!


1 comment:

Nice things said