Tuesday, June 7, 2011

May and Early June happenings


It seems that lots of pictures of Lincoln are taken in his high chair... I guess that is where a lot of the fun is! I must have dripped some of his baby food on his tray, and he loved to play in it!



 Sometimes Lincoln and I go to the library for reading/singing/instrument time. We went to the older group's reading time because of timing's sake that day, and they had a craft afterward.

 On Memorial day we went to a nearby park and enjoyed the fun there. It was hot!!! Although we missed the parade, we enjoyed the zoo and also went on the kiddie train ride throughout the park. Even Vance and I really enjoyed that.


Just chillin' on the slide...

Somehow the best toys are the things we use (sunglasses, remote controls, cell phones, etc.) I actually won't let him play with my cell phone any longer. After he was drooling/biting on it for some time when I wasn't watching...the screen and some of the applications weren't working correctly for a day. Ha ha...not a toy any longer!



Our little boy is growing up!


Here he is playing with his "Incrediblocks" toys...



Below are some pictures from the last few days. Last Friday Lincoln and I went strawberry picking at a place called Annie's Orchards. It seemed that almost every year growing up we would grow strawberry picking in June as a tradition. We loved picking the strawberries and eating them as we picked!

 Lincoln lasted nearly two hours and just loved playing in the fields. He had a couple of toys and I tried to pick the strawberries and keep him entertained. He is a really patient baby and becoming more and more independent these days.


The strawberries were just big enough that I think he would choke on them if he got a whole one in his mouth....I guess he had this one in his hand for the picture...but not for long!



 He was my little helper. It was getting very hot and humid at this point...so we were ready to leave.


There was a sweet lady named Jane who was picking strawberries in the rows next to us, and we got to know her a little bit. Just before we left, she offered to take a picture. Although Lincoln was getting whiny at that point, I said yes to her offer. But as you can see, he had just about had it!!! I generally try to post some of our better pictures on our blog and make it positive, and not about the times when we're having bad days or Lincoln is just fussy, but this picture makes me smile. It reminds me of those bittersweet moments that are so real to all of us.


Vance and I have church in the afternoon and had some extra time. We decided to take some pictures. Above is Vance with Lincoln in front of our complex. This is the one we got where both boys are looking!


Trying out the timer for a little family picture! Lincoln looks a little bored/tired, and I think he was. I really think he was also staring at the flashing lights that increase in speed from the camera before the picture was taken.



Sometimes Lincoln and I blow bubbles back out in this grassy area, or it is where we start our jogs together to get to some trails in the area. We are so blessed right now.



This weekend Lincoln and I are going to California and Nevada! We are so excited for the Kemper family reunion, on my mom's side, and will be gone for a couple of weeks. I'm a little nervous about the plane rides with an older infant who probably won't sleep the entire time, being in an airport with a huge suitcase, stroller, diaper bag, carry on, car seat, and infant, (going through security will be quite the adventure) and changing time zones by three hours...and being in a place where I worry about trying to keep Lincoln's feeding/sleeping schedule, but I think we'll survive and have a great time. Vance would love to go, but he has got a lot of research and deadlines to meet for Purdue. We'll sure miss him.

2 comments:

  1. Lincoln is getting cuter and cuter!! I Love his big smile! Have fun with your family reunion and I wish you all the luck with the airport and plane ride!!! That is a tough thing to do all by yourself but you are a great mom so you will do great!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love being able to catch up on all of just the normal happenings & your surroundings (since I can't be there to see it for myself!). :)
    I'm also really excited for you to come all the way out West to see us all!!! :) :) Just an offer: we have two strollers (a bigger jogger type, and a small umbrella one) that you could borrow for the rest of your trip once you get here, so you don't have to haul your stroller around the airport. I know it might be handy to keep him in a stroller WHILE in the airport, but I just put my baby in a baby carrier strapped on me. Then the rest of your hands are free for your bags. Just a thought! :) Hope it goes well for you! Just pack lots of different snacks & toys he's never seen before (you can borrow from friends), so you can pull something new out every time he gets bored/whiny. It usually buys you at least another 15 minutes. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Nice things said