Vance is gone tonight until midnight or later. I guess tonight you could call me a grad school widow:) He's got a huge project he's working on. I don't envy him, but I'm proud of him and all his hard work. He hardly every complains. It is really quiet in our home, but writing blog posts keeps me busy after putting little Lincoln to bed!
We are learning more about our little Lincoln every day. This week we've learned...
Somehow he loves Buzz Lightyear, Woody, and Jesse. He's never seen the movie but every time after we change his diaper he lunges his body at the picture on his diaper wipes container and smiles and laughs while he studies the pictures. Somehow those artists know how to appeal to six month old babies!
He flips his body upside down when we walk past our living room light fixture so he can see it better. He does this because we lift him up and let him pull the strings to turn the lights and fan on and off. It is so cute how it entertains him!
He loves baths, of course. He loves to sit up by the running water as the tub fills and put his hands through.
He loves playing in the grass and pulling it if he can. He seems to love the feel of it...he's never felt it before (long, cold winter!)
Tonight I sang some songs to Lincoln while I cuddled and rocked with him as he was so sleepy before his bedtime. I love to be able to do this because he reaches his hands up and will touch my face and "talk" to me while I sing to him, which really is cooing and gooing with a few "gaga" or "da" sounds. It is such a wonderful time. I loooove being a mom! I am sure going to miss this stage when it passes....can't he be 6.5 months old forever?!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Nice things said