Friday, January 6, 2017

September 2016


Frog Pond Trail near my parent's home


Finished our hike around the pond. So many great memories on or around the water here growing up.



After church one Sunday, found the kids on top of one of the cars. 


Lauren had been there for every single drop off and pick up for Lincoln's two years of preschool. It was finally her turn to start. Here she is on her first day of preschool!

It was a fun summer with all three kids home, but I was really ready for a routine. So we :)welcomed kindergarten and preschool readily:) 


Just me and my baby girl Kate while the two older kids are at school.


We can take a shortcut on this trail from our house to the park, instead of going on the sidewalks. We love beautiful September days.



She loved the swing, but still seemed a bit too small for it.


Lauren dresses herself, which is a blessing, but it is fun to see what combinations she wears. This particular morning her outfit took my mind straight back to the late 1980s/early 1990's. Am I right? Rarely will I ever make my child change. Love her so much!


For a few weeks, all his homework was titled Mr. Lincoln Murray, or Mr. Lincoln Vance Murray. 


Lincoln before his first official race. He was SO EXCITED. 


He ran a 1 mile kids race. 



He ran one mile in 8:06. I was so surprised! The first picture I took he wasn't smiling, because he was so tired. But he recovered quickly. I have great memories running races with my dad growing up, so I loved the feeling of sharing the same experience with my own son.



Kate wearing a dress my mom made for my younger sister, Kelsey, decades ago.


Kate wearing the dress she made for me over 33 years ago!!


The Ryder Cup came to Chaska. Of all the places in the world, it came to our town. We rented our home out for the week, but before we left had to check it out. Vance is an occasional golfer, although he would like to go more often. He was in heaven here.




One of our friends gave us a princess dress they have outgrown. Lauren loved it and said "I'm really a true princess!" I am working on convincing her she IS a true princess, even without the dress. 


3 comments:

Nice things said