Friday, March 1, 2013

Lauren's Blessing Weekend

My parents and brother Peter came to visit for Lauren's blessing weekend. I think Vance has more of the photos from her actual blessing day on his phone. I'll have to include those later.

They arrived on a Friday night and we talked until we all went to bed. On Saturday morning, February 16th (my birthday) we were going to go sledding at the most amazing sledding hill ever, but it was 1 degree outside. So we went to the local mall and found some great things there instead!!! We ate lunch in the food court and then came home for naps, Vance and Dad ran errands, reading, etc. We then all headed to the Mall of America. We went on a couple of rides at the amusement park there and then had dinner at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Factory. It was a fun restaurant that really gave you the "Forrest Gump" feel. Our waiter even quizzed us on the movie, which was fun as well.  Lincoln is one of the pickiest eaters I know, and he ate shrimp!  We were amazed and thrilled, but didn't say anything to him. Vance and I recently attended a seminar given by a Pediatric Feeding Specialist. Her focus was on "picky eating and power struggles." We learned a ton and now mealtimes are more enjoyable to everyone and he is starting to eat a great variety of foods.

We then left the restaurant and exited the mall. It is so big that we were already so tired from walking so much. It was incredibly cold too. But we all headed to the ice castles across from the mall. A guy in my ward is from Utah and now makes these all around the nation for a living. They are a great family.



 My dad picked out a Lego set for Lincoln from the huge Lego store. Here is Vance and Lincoln working on it together. Thank you!


Peter at the ice podium...


 Lincoln wanted his picture taken!


 Mom and Dad sitting on the throne. They are so in love after over three decades of marriage. That makes me feel good to see their marriage so healthy. It's always been great too.


There were ice princesses that you could have your picture taken with. There were also sleds to you could be taken around in. There were so many little touches that were impressive. We have gone twice this winter and this time many of the ice castles were enclosed so it made walking through them even more fun.

We got back to our home and had cake. It was the Chocolate Mousse Tuxedo cake from Costco. WOW. This is one of the best cakes ever. I would be thrilled to have a huge piece of it EVERY day of my life!!!
I asked Vance for one gift and I got it!!! I got a brand new double jogging stroller. I am really excited to be able to take both of the kids out in it as soon as the weather warms.

On Sunday we went to church and Lauren was blessed in sacrament meeting. This was the real reason they came this weekend. It just so happened that the best weekend for the blessing also included my birthday:)  It was a beautiful blessing.  I am grateful that Vance lives worthily and is always ready to give these blessings with the power of the priesthood.  Vance has the pictures from this day on his phone, so I'll get them from him and include them later!!

It was a perfect weekend. We had such a nice time with my parents and brother in town. There is something so refreshing and rejuvenating about being with family!!! Thanks for coming guys!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on little miss Lauren!!! I am the momma to four kiddos.. Our newest baby MayLee, is just ten weeks and diagnosed with a hemangioma on her bootie! And she also has tethered cord syndrome. I guess they go hand in hand.. Now I am worried about her little nose too. I was wondering if there is a picture of what your son looked like at this age and if you measured it and too pictures or anything like that? I want to go into this all pretty informed. We will be seen at Primary Chikdren's Hospital, here in Utah... Our MRI is in April.. I can see that the medicine has been such a blessing to your family and I wonder if that is a route we will be able to take. Thanks in advance, your little son is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Nice things said