Lincoln is starting to look so much more like a little boy. I can't call him my baby much longer! While he was playing the other day I just caught a quick picture of him. He looks so grown up these days and his face is starting to thin a bit. He is really close to walking. He barely puts any weight on our fingers when we walk with him. But whenever we let go, he bends his knees to sit on the ground. He is a little nervous about it. I love this picture because you can see his two cute teeth on the bottom. Those came in during the same week when Lincoln was seven months old. He hasn't gotten any more teeth since! It has been five months! Even without most of his teeth, I am impressed how much he can chew with his gums. Here he is...
We visited his pediatric dermatologist in Indianapolis this week. We are lowering his dose for this month and hoping the hemangioma doesn't show signs of growth. If it doesn't we can stop the medicine completely after that! It will be so nice when that time comes. It has been a little bit of a pain to always remember his medicine around the clock. It will be nice to sleep through the night again!!!!
Vance will graduate this December. There was a huge engineering job fair a couple of weeks ago here at Purdue. When Vance showed me the list of companies that would be there, there were 5 pages of companies just looking for mechanical engineers. Wowsers! He has had first interviews with a few companies, and will have a few more in the next month. Then we hope to get second interviews with these companies as well. It's a competitive world out there! We have no idea where we will end up. When people ask us where we would like to live in the US, neither of us have strong preferences. I know we can be happy anywhere. I think it will really come down to where the jobs are and if we have a choice, the job that Vance will enjoy the most. We really love it where we live now and have made a lot of great friends, so we will definitely be sad to say goodbye!!!
What a cute boy! And also, this is seriously a cute blog. How did you get it so cute?
ReplyDeleteThanks Kels! I found this blog template from a friend's blog. On the top left corner of this blog, there is the Leelou blogs icon. Just click there and they have lots of cute templates for different seasons. Love you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little boy, Lisa! And how exciting changes coming up!
ReplyDeleteHi! My name is shannon & I just came across your blog while looking at nasal tip hemangiomas. My daughter (7 months) has one on her nose..has had it since about a month old. We've seen a top specialist and he said to let nature run it's course as it didn't seem to pose any threat and wasn't severe. Our other option was the propotlol (sp?) medicine that you mentioned your son takes. After reading your blog, I almost would rather try the medicine. Her hemangioma doesn't seem like it's getting any bigger but I do worry that when/if it does ever go away, there will be loose skin just hanging from her nose lol, did that happen to your son at all when he began taking the medicine and you saw results? I wish I could post a pic of my daughter's in here. Anyway- Sorry to ramble, Just was encouraged to see the results of the medicine and makes me wonder if we should go that route. :)
ReplyDelete