Today I have been thinking about how I should be more grateful for when things in life are going well. Especially since what has happened! During the last week or so I noticed Lincoln's nose a bit greyish-purple. Last week he accidentally hit his face on my shoulder (still working on head control :)) so I thought it was a bruise, but it hasn't gone away since then. Talking with his pediatrician and having her look at his nose today, she thinks this may be the beginning of a hemangioma. There is only discoloration at this point and no growth, so we're not sure. She said we'll know in the next couple of weeks. However, there is not much we can do about it at this point. Apparently, many hemangiomas disappear on their own after months or years, but some need laser treatment to get rid of them. The nurse said that with the laser treatment, there is often no scarring afterwards.
Then this evening our hometeacher brought us a tasty plate of Christmas goodies, and my mother got me a yearly subscription to Taste of Home, a magazine I love. People are so good to us.
Meanwhile, I guess we'll see if this is what I think it is. Deep down I hope this discoloration disappears. I am really worried, and couldn't sleep for a while last night, but I think everything is ok! But mostly I am grateful that things are really going well in our lives.
Vance had two presentations in the last two days at school. He has about one more week until this semester is completed. I think this Christmas break will be great for him!
Lisa...I'm sure everything will work out with little Lincoln. At least you know what it is and that the Dr. is aware of the situation. I will pray that it will start to fade and that all will be well. You have a beautiful little boy regardless! You are right! You have a lot to be grateful for!
ReplyDeleteOh, that's too bad! What a scare for a new momma! I'm sure things will work out just fine. Luckily it just sounds superficial (right?). If it makes you feel less alone as a mom, our kids each have stuff similar to that, too, that we'll have to deal with as they grow older (Sawyer has a spot that keeps growing on his head- under his hair- that the docs say has to be watched as he grows for cancer- EEK!). No one's bodies are perfect, so don't worry too much. :)
ReplyDelete